Tuesday 28 November 2017

November WIPocalypse

Just a dew days late this time...at least it's still November! I've had a great crafting weekend, finishing a few things (I'm almost ready for my Zodiac SAL too...so much for being earlier this month!) and I also have a few things I can show here, mostly progress on my ongoing BAPs.

But first, the question of the month: What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?
An honest answer to this would probably be 'almost all of them', since I haven't done anything but framing and whip stitch ornaments/biscornu so far. I am, however, in the progress of doing some more sewing intensive finishes (well, I've been working on that for two months on and off since I'm terribly slow with these things) and I also really want to try those no-sew boxes Jo did last year with some of her SALs!

So for stitching, I finished another rotation on Snow White (actually, she's up again this week already...once I get some SAL stuff done. Maybe I'll have to play catch up later.). I almost finished the current shade of yellow, maybe I'll work on her sleeve of bodice for a bit before tackling the next massive block of yellow afterwards!



This weekend also brought a new page finish on Fire and Ember - this is page 15, but the 17th page I've stitched. This was just background, but the next page will have some dragon again.


Another 'pagefinish' happend on the Puppeteer. That was page 10, so on to page 11 it is.


Last but not least, I finished knitting Felix' hat. I still need to weave in the lose ends, but that's one point down on my way-to-long to-do list.


On the topic of to-do lists...I've decided I want to try a "18 in '18" list of projects to work on next year. I've started working on my list, but still need to add pictures, and I might switch out one or two projects as well. I'll consider it 'work in progress' for now :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Great progress!!

Stitching Noni said...

Great progress :o)

Pamela said...

Nice progress on all of your projects. I'm going to try to do 18 in 2018 also!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress, especially the BAPs!
I will be doing the 18 in '18, my 8th year of that challenge.

Brigitte said...

Das sieht wirklich nach sehr viel Fortschritt aus bei deinen Projekten. Und bravo, die Mütze ist fertig gestrickt.
Diese 17 in '17 und jetzt nächstes Jahr 18 in '18 finde ich äußerst interessant. Das überlege ich mir mal, vielleicht wäre das recht spannend. Obwohl ich mir soooo fest vorgenommen habe, bei nur noch ganz wenigen Sachen mitzumachen. Na ja.

Bethan said...

Lots of great progress - and mini finishes! Such a lovely hat too x