Wednesday 8 February 2017

Some progress - just like that

It's been a while since I updated without having a SAL to answer to, but here I am, having progress to show and now check-in in sight - am I missing something? I think it's because WIPocalypse has moved to the end of the month instead of lingering around somewhere in the middle! In any case, let's get to that progress now.

With just being one day late, I finished page 7 of the Fire and Ember SAL on February 1st. This also marks the end of the first row of pages, and I'm still amazed by how awesome this looks when taking a step back - Jody is amazing with her charts! I also think my fixing is reasonably well hidden, so I continue working on this. Yay me!


 I have since started my 8th page (which is actually page 14, I'm working down the fixing-section on the far left) and made some progress, this should be done way before the end of the month this time.


Of course, I also worked on my 'mystery' start, and as of today, it won't be a mystery anymore! Jo got it right again, it's a fan, or rather, it will be three fans - Joan Elliotts 'Fans of the Far East', and I'm working on the middle fan right now. Here is where I am today:






I've also had a small new start...I got this awesome book with little beaded boxes for Christmas, and was just about to dive in and buy a lot of new beads, when I remembered that I actually bought a small kit using a similar technique a while back, so I might as well try that one out first. This is a little beaded pin kit from mill hill, also working with cylindric beads and peyote stitch, and I'm having a ton of fun with it! I got this on sale at sewandso for really cheap, but sadly, those kits seem to be out of production, so I can't easily get the other ones now...but that's okay, I can always start my boxes when I'm finished! I'm trying to pace myself and only work on this a little at a time, but I'm having so much fun it's difficult to put down.


Lastly, here's my current progress on The Puppeteer. 356 more stitches of black!


12 comments:

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Congratulations on finishing the first row of pages on fire and ember - I think it's always exciting to start a new row =) The red colors look great, I am looking forward to see more soon =)
Your first fan od the east looks very promising to me and I am curious about the beaded box you are doing, I think I never saw one of them =)

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your projects Leonore.

Linda

Bea said...

Ember and the fan are looking great. Very nice progress on both. Glad you're having so much fun with the beading.

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on all the projects!
Can't wait to see more on the beaded one though, sounds like fun.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything!

katjakay said...

The fix is working so well that dragon will be gorgeous.

Pamela said...

Can't wait to see your beaded box project started. I've been looking at my book, but I haven't pulled out the beads yet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fire and Ember looks amazing when you pull back and see the whole thing.
I didn't really think Joan would design a giant eyeball!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the first that first row and it look really great. There's a lot of detail in the first row. Can I just say that I'm glad your "fix" is working. You really can't tell here. I even had to blow the picture up because I forgot about the addition fabric add. By the way...a fan? Never would have guessed that at all haha.

Tiffstitch said...

So glad the fix is going well and love the fan! Plus how interesting to work on the beads, and good to know you're enjoying it.

Brigitte said...

Gute Fortschritte allenthalben. Auch mir macht es Spaß, immer wieder an einem anderen Projekt weiterzusticken. Ich bin einfach nicht gut darin, immer nur an einem Projekt zu sticken - Ausnahmen bestätigen natürlich die Regel.
Ich finde, das Dranhängen des Stoffs hat wunderbar geklappt bei Fire and Amber.

Heather said...

Wow beautiful progress so far!