Tuesday 18 October 2016

October Gifted Gorgeousness

Oh boy, has it really been another month already? I still have soo much to get done for Christmas and the time around it; why do I fall into this trap again every year? That's right, because I'm loving it, but I still get a bit of ranting time, right? Right? Anyways, let's have a look at what I've been working on lately.

Last week, I was focusing on getting that first of four hats done I was working on. It's still missing the pompom, which I will be adding once I have both hats of the same colour scheme done (so I can just use the left over yarn), but I am happy to report that it fits my head perfectly, and I can go from here to see how I need to adjust size for the other four. I also love knitting with this yarn, it's a really soft pure merino wool, although knitting with four balls at once (since you take the yarn double) gets a bit messy at times.


Then over the weekend, I tried my hands on my very first pait of baby booties. I found a lovely pattern on ravelry that was a real joy to make, and I was even able to use left over yarn from my baby jackets - I was playing extreme yarn chicken in the end, but it was *just* enough*. I'm not so sure about the size, though; this is supposed to be the new born size, and even though I think I'm knitting pretty tight already, it feels more like a 3 month size. Not too mad about it though, they will grow into these!
These weren't on my list before, I just found out a bit ago that yet another guy from work is going to be a father soon - in fact, this month, so I had to whip something up quickly!


Not on my list, but 'just for fun' (not that stuff on the list isn't fun as well!) I also continued working on the current page of the Fire and Ember SAL and got two and a half colours done now. Not very much left to fill in!


Now, the list...let's look at the current progress!

  1. Two toddler-scarfes 'Sharky-Pie' - beginning of one is pictures in blue - as christmas presents for a friend's twins
  2. Two One more small Mill Hill kits as christmas presents for friends/coworkers of ours
  3. Shawl Lestrona for my grandma- about halfway done
  4. One pair of socks for Felix' dad - one sock done up to the heel
  5. One BSJ for a soon-to-be-a-dad coworkers of mine - due in December - halfway done
  6. One pair of Baby Booties and one Toddler sized purse for the kids of a friend - due in December
  7. One pair of Baby Booties for a coworker - due in October
  8. Two gofts for the kids of another coworker - plans are being made - due in January
  9. Cut Thru' Cottage as a housewarming gift for Felix sister- two more pages to go!
  10. Four Three more hats for my grandparents, Felix and myself
  11. Birthday Present for Felix' brother - Due in January
As you can see there were a few changes - one scarf is reschedules since I still haven't got the yarn, and probably won't get it before at least November, a few things were added (and then a few more I can't talk about here since people might or might not be reading this blog!), some plans have changed, but I still have quite a bit left to do. I'm still positive I can actually make it, though! ...and then I'm already making plans for projects that are due later, say March/April...never ever learning, this one!

8 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

This sounds so much like how I manage to overbook myself with good intentions on gifts. :) Although you're much more organized and I think you can meet all your deadlines!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the hats and the booties. Too big is definitely better than too small, it may be a big baby at birth!
Nice work on the dragon too.

Kaisievic said...

Such cute booties, well done!

Bea said...

Cute hat, but I love those booties! Nice progress on your dragon. Your list looks a little intimidating, but I think you can do it.

Stitching Noni said...

Cute hat! Can't wait to see it with its pompom! Loving those booties... I am sure the baby will definitely grow into them :o)
Good luck with the list
Hugs xx

Susan said...

Cute hat, but those booties? Too cute and it's great that you were able to use leftover yarn. If the baby is as big as mine was, they'll fit just fine (although I would not wish an almost 11 pounder on anyone). Great progress on your SAL piece. I do have to say that your list makes me feel so much better. :-)

Brigitte said...

Viele Geschenk-Pläne, aber du bist auf einem guten Weg und ich denke, du wirst das meiste wohl schaffen. Die Mütze und die Baby-Booties sehen wirklich toll aus. Und ja, ich finde, man darf sich sehr wohl darüber auslassen, wenn man wieder mal in die "Geschenke-Falle" getappt ist, lach. Aber du schaffst das - sind ja doch noch etliche Wochen bis dahin.

Heather said...

Cute projects :). I hope you have your yarn by now ;)