Tuesday 16 August 2016

Mad Summer Finish Dash - Day 16

Today was a very productive professor/boss, who knows that I have troubles staying awake when listening to discussions, so he allows me to knit on the side. But first things first, in the breaks I did a bit of stitching, and I managed three or four more rows of 898 on the Dragon SAL, so a little over one hundred stitches again.


Now for knitting - I made some real progress here! It started with Snowflake Party - about 15 rows left to go, and I finished those by about 3 pm. I'm really pleased with how this one turned out - the yarn is a lovely quality, hald silk, half merino, I'm pretty sure I will use this again someday - there are some really pretty colours on the dyers website. I also might knit this pattern again - I can always use a brighter colour and call the snowflakes flowers! I will have to wash and block this once we get home, which will also be a first for me (the blocking part especially), but it already has a pretty decent side - about my arms' width on the link side. I think blocking will mostly make the thin side wider, not the long side longer, if that makes any sense. This also is, to my knowledge, the very first knitting project I finished for myself :)






...but definitly not the last one. Once it was done I continued work on the watermelon wristwarmers - the seconf of which I cast on last week - and tonight at around 10pm (yes, we do have some very late work groups here!) I finished that one as well. Good thing I brought a whole bag of projects to work on! I actually had a hard time taking these off to take a picture, they are sooo comfy and I am very in love with the colours ^_^





Tomorrow, I'm planning to work on a crochet project I started at a similiar occasion last year. Let's see if I can get a third finish for this retreat!

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Those wrist warmers look great! I think I need to try something like that for my co-worker that always feels cold.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your projects. How wonderful to be able to knit during meetings!
Love the handwarmers and the pretty shawl too.