Sunday 26 June 2016

More progress!

Another regular progress update without any SALs to cater to...I'm so proad of myself! Joke aside, I have a few things to share, including a finish, a start and a planned start, so I hope you are as excited as I am :)

But first, for the regular progress - I continued working on the grandchildren project, and have now finished the first page (aside from a few motifs that overlap with the upper page which is actually only a half page). So I am about 2/3 done now - at least with the cross stitch, there will be a ton of backstitch and the costomization to go after that!


Now to the starts and finish. On friday I was feeling a bit down, so I allowed myself a new start to pick myself up - the Strawberry Sampler I won from Jo's GGG (Gifted Gorgeousness Giveaway) a while back. I'm planning to finish this as my entry in the Stitching Pirates Ye Olde Sampler contest, so I have until the end of August to get it done. I'm stitching this on a bit of linen I got from a grab back, I think it's a 36ct, and I'm doing another experiment with a (small) rotating frame. This time I'm using masking tape and now the tension is just perfect - I'm going to experiment with a larger frame again soon, maybe I can get that to work as well.





The finish I want to show you I actually finished a few weeks back already - but it was a birthday present for a friend and she only got it this week. It's my first Mill Hill kit, Kiwi the owl. Certainly not my last, I really loved stitching this - the perforated paper, the coverage of 3 over 1, and of course so tons of beads! So much fun, and such a cute owl. I backed it with green felt.




And lastly, what I am most excited about - Jody from Unceonventional XStitch is holding a SAL with the very pretty Fire and Ember design. The startdate is on July 2nd, so it's not to late to join in - I certainly could not resist and I am fully prepared, just waiting for the matching needle minder to arrive. I can't wait to get started, just one more week! You can find the details here if you are interested.


7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so happy I could cheer you up! Love the start.
Congratulations on the progress on Grandchildren and the cute little Mill Hill owl.
Good luck with the SAL too.

Justine said...

Good luck with the SAL. I love your cute little owl.
I also had a new start this weekend for a pick-me-up. Sometimes you've just got to do it!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice work on everything! That SAL is tempting, but I must resist!

Heather said...

Beautiful stitching on everything I love the owl :)

katjakay said...

I cannot wait to see that dragon grow, it's going to be gorgeous

Brigitte said...

Ein neues Projekt beginnen, das hebt doch die Stimmung gleich ganz enorm, nicht wahr :) Und der Strawberry Sampler ist auch ein Design, das Laune macht.
Die kleine Eule ist wirklich sehr lieb, eine sehr nettes Geschenk. Auf diesem perforated paper habe ich einmal versucht, etwas zu sticken, aber irgendwie hat es mir keinen richtigen Spaß gemacht, ich weiß auch nicht, warum. Vielleicht sollte ich es noch mal angehen, denn da gibt es so viele schöne Sachen.
Fire and Ember sieht toll aus - und morgen kannst du schon anfangen damit. Viel Spaß.

Susan said...

Grandchildren looks wonderful and I'm sure will be very appreciated. Great start too. Aren't the Mill Hill kits the best? I have a bunch of them in my stash for someday. Looking forward to watching your progress on Fire and Ember.