Thursday 7 January 2016

Last finish of '15, first finish(es) of '16

It seems that this year I finally get to make posts again that are no desperate attempt to catch up with one SAL or the other (although there ARE some posts I should catch up on...and I will, in time in time!), but because I have something to show that I am proud of :)

My friend finally received her Christmas present today, so I get to show you my last finish of 2015 - Lizzie*Kate's 'Promise Me', in a purple colour swap (I changed the lettering, then adjusted some of the other colours to fit in better) on Slightly Lilac Evenweave by Sparklies. My friend has had a rough time lightly and has been fighting with depression; I think the sentments really fits her and she agreed with my and say she loves it, so I'm proud and happy :)


Framing once again by Felix - not sure how well it shows in the picture but it's nice dark blue frame; it wasn't easy to find one with the right measurements.

I can also proudly present you with my first finishes of the new year. For one, after christmas I started working on the Halloween SAL again that Carla, Nancy and I had going on in September/October. I had two more blocks and a bit over a quarter of the border left to finish - and I did! I really enjoyed stitching this one and I'm looking forward to my next project by the Pumpkins. For the finish-finish, I'm thinking about making this into a pillow, and I've already set my eyes on a few really cute fabrics, so I'll just need to figure out the details :)


And as I'm currently waiting for the supplies for my next semi-big start, I decided to revisit Magical's ornaments of the month that she released last year. In June, I was missing two of the colours for the Pink Alexandrite, but now I had them so I stitched it up. There are actually three more designs for June that I want to do eventually, but for the moment I have a special finish in mind that will need exactly one ornament per month, so I'll get back to that later.


Not much progress to show on my socks though - I got right up to the heel, which is supposed to be super easy, but the instructions sure aren't - apparently, the publisher forced the designer to severly shorten it and take out a lot of the pictures. It took my about an afternoon but I think I got it figures out now, though, so I should have some progress to show soon. But for now, I think the year is off to a good start :)

11 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

So when we all move to our island, Felix already has a job as framer! He's so goooooood! Your finished piece is so pretty in the purple colors.

Look at that Halloween finish! HUZZAH! It's going to look fabulous as a pillow and go nicely on your couches for a splash of color :D

Socks....tricky things....I have no good words for you about those!

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the lovely finishes Leonore.

Linda

Heather said...

Congrats on the finishes they look great! I'm sure your friend was really happy with hers. It's a great sentiment :)

Susan said...

Wonderful finishes. The Lizzie*Kate sentiment is perfect for all of us, but very meaningful for someone going through a depressive time. Halloween is too cute and can't wait to see how you finish it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Felix has made a great job of the framing. The FP Hallowe'en looks great too, such a fun design. I love the block with the eyeballs!

Justine said...

What great finishes! The Halloween sampler is such a fun design and the gift for your friend is just gorgeous. I'm not surprised she loves it - and it must help her to know she is worth all the hard work and effort.

Brigitte said...

Oh ja, das ist wirklich ein toller Jahresanfang für dich. Das Halloween Teil ist einfach Klasse. Und Promise me ist ein wunderschönes Geschenk, gerade für jemanden, dem es nicht so gut geht. Ich habe mich neulich bei Sparklies umgesehen und war total erst chlagdn - im positiven Sinn - von den tollen Stoffen. Ich glaube, da werde ich demnächst mal einkaufen gehen.

Brigitte said...

..." total erschlagen" muss das heißen. Das Rechtschreibprogramm war mal wieder tätig ...

Emma/Itzy said...

Great stitching!

Mel said...

Ohh that Halloween one is different. What designer is it? I don't know that I've seen it before. (because you know I don't have enough Halloween patterns yet...LOL!!)

Lumiruusu said...

Just found your sweet blog via Crafty Weasel blog :) Lovely stitching...well done with Lizzie kate piece.