Friday 21 March 2014

New toys!

A few days ago I bought a pattern for a really pretty colourful owl tote bag on etsy that I want to make for a close friend of mine, and then I placed an order for some crochet supplies, and today everything arrived already. Yay me! I would have loved to try out the Lily Sugar 'N Cream yarn that was recommended for this but sadly they don't sell it in Germany and I found some appropriate replacments at my favourite yarn dealer, so I didn't have to import. And don't you just get excited seeing all these colourful yarn?!


Which reminds me, did I ever show you my awesome crochet hook? It's called 'Swing' from the German brand addi, and since I discovered them about two years ago I don't wanna crochet with a normal hook ever again. I have to admit that I'm a little snobby with my hooks, before that I mostly used ones made from bamboo because of the smooth feeling, but the Swing-hooks are amazing. The got a real 'handle' that looks somewhat like a toothbrush, but it's just sooo comfortable to hold.


I only had a 3.5mm hook until recently because they are somewhat expensive (6-7€), but now I also got a 4mm and 5mm hook that I will need for some of my planned projects - so, no more excuses, with the new yarn and everything a already got, I really should do a lot more crocheting.

But not today, and neither tomorrow, because it's IHSW and I also have a lot of stitching to do! I hope I can get a fair bit done, I hurt my right wrist in karate yesterday, but it's already better, and stitching feels alright at the moment. So happy stitching, everyone!

6 comments:

katjakay said...

That owl bag is awesome, makes me wish I crocheted and so colourful too.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Love the bag and the new crochet hooks. I've been wondering how awesome they are and you haven ow confirmed it, thank you! I can't wait to see the finished bag :D See you tomorrow!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Well...you could always learn it ^.~

Leonore Winterer said...

They really are awesome; I don't know if they sell them in the US but if they do, I can really recommend getting one and trying it out :)

Unknown said...

Making me want to learn how to crochet. ^_^ I have yarn and hooks that I inherited from my grandma. Might have to go look up a few youtube videos and learn. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Yay! It's super easy to make pretty stuff with crochet; and also reallyreally fast if you're used to stitching speed!