Thursday 27 March 2014

March SFS

There were so many things I wanted to post this week, but somehow life got in the way and there is still a little bit missing for each of them - what a shame, isn't it? So what I will do is to post my Stitch From Stash summary for the month now because the month is almost over and I have to, and try to get some of the other things done over the weekend.

So my finances for this month might be a tad complicated, but I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

  • I finished the two small kits I got last month in time for my grandma's birthday, so I don't have to add them to my stash.
  • I have another little gift planned for April (TW's knotwork bookmark freebie, to be exact!) and for that I ordered some hand dyed floss for a total of 2.97£ ($4.94), but hopefully, I'll get it done quickly so  won't have to add these as well.
  • I'm also going to make TW's 'Angel of Frost' as a christmas present because my grandma demanded that I make it for her - well she didn't actually demand, off course, but there was a lot of 'oh' and 'ah' and 'how pretty' going on when she saw her, and a good granddaughter knows what do to when she hears such noises from her grandma! Anyway, I spent about $41.73 on floss and 26.88£ ($44.72) on fabric, beads and my very first scroll frame. I probably won't get it done quick enough for the SFS gift rules to apply, but I didn't want to add it to my monthly total as well, so I decided to pay is with some of the money I got for my birthday last week.
  • Lastly, I also ordered some floss for two more of the bookmarks (I have this cute little floss box with four compartments so I decided to get the floss for four bookmarks in total), which came to $5.90 that actually will be my monthly total for March.
I actually feel quite fullfilled now with all the projects I have going on, and the urge to start even more stuff is somewhat calmed. I hope I can get by like this for a while, probably interrupted by a few other small gifts I have in my mind to make, but I can't actually post here because they are all for people who know or at least know about my blog. Once those plans get more concrete, I shall just refer to them as mystery project 1, 2, 3 and so on ^_^

6 comments:

katjakay said...

You have a lot on the go, it's wonderful. The TW angel looks like a beautiful project.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I love how you have another two TW patterns to do! Nicely done. I'm really curious about your mystery projects and maybe you will share them next time we chat?

Leonore Winterer said...

Haha yes, I'm very excited about it ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

And it's two projects I can actually hope to finish this year, now isn't that exciting?

I WILL tell you about my mytery projects, I bet you could help me with the things I'm not sure about yet and probably talk me in/ out (well, more 'in', I suppose) some of them :D

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see that mystery project :) And congrats (again) on the finishes. ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! Don't worry, I'll show you guys everything eventually :D