Monday 24 March 2014

March IHSW - Recap

March IHSW is over, and again I had a quite productive weekend. AGAIN, I didn't manage to join Carla's hangout due to persistent Skype-sessions with Felix who needed to be coached for his upcoming math exam, but gladly, that didn't keep me from stitching! The sadder thing is that I won't be able to join in April either (can't people get married on more convenient dates?), but maybe there will be another in-between-hangout some time?

Anyways, as I already mentioned I got quite a bit done, mainly on my two main projects, one of which is a new start. To be honest I added a few more stitches today to make both of them pretty for taking pictures, but most of it was done during the weekend.

So for one, I did another part of PT's border, the third corner block - this time I'll post a close up, because this border is just to pretty to only be looked upon from a distance:


And then it was my birthday on friday and my grandma gave me another one of the Disney Dream Collection kits: Lady and the Tramp is the newest addition to the collection, and I fell in love instantly and just knew that this was the first of the big designs I wanted to do.

The kit is really nice: The floss is much more glossy and easier to work with than in the small Little Mermaid one and also presorted (I just came in three bunches with The Little Mermaid, and wasn't easy to sort out - they can tell me they put similiar colours in different bunches all they want, but putting pale grey and light grey together is NOT fair), and the pattern is only four pages (each of them quite a bit bigger than Little Mermaid) but really easy to use and, to my unspeakable relief, much less noisy and confetti-y than The Little Mermaid was. So even though it's done on 18ct Aida instead of 16ct, it feels much easier and quicker to stitch, and I already got quite a bit done. I think the colours are turning out even more gorgeous than on the picture!


So it seems I have my work cut out for me, but still I just placed some orders for stuff I need for at least two more starts in April, both presents (one is small and due April 30th, one not so much and due for Christmas). With as much as I already have going on I can't decide whether that's a good are a bad thing, but I guess I'll be optismistic and settle for 'good'. And now I'm back off to stitching and crocheting oh and doing some work, probably, that as well.

9 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

OH how LOVELY! You are correct, the corner really IS quite beautiful.

In case I didn't tell you last time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and yay for Grandma giving you Lady and the Tramp :D You were missed, but it is official that we will be doing more frequent visits. Felix needing help with math exams is VERY important so all is forgiven, ha, ha. For some reason I could swear you all were going to Felix's family's for the weekend, but I think that may have been the weekend before? Pinky has asked if we can do Tuesdays and.or Thursdays but I won't be able to do those until June when my layoff starts, and that is always another option.

katjakay said...

Happy Birthday, the lady and the Tramp kit sounds gorgeous. I was looking at the TW freebies and one is connected to the PT looks like it might be just a corner block. Yours is so pretty I'm tempted to make it a biscornu.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! And no, haven't been at Felix' family for a while, might be time for another visit soon.

I sure hope to see all of you soon! At the moment, just about every day works for me, I'll just try and come whenever you organize a hangout :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you!

I think the freebie is a little bigger than the actual corner block, I'm hoping to have some floss leftover in the end so I could try to make it as well :)

Unknown said...

I'm all for added hangouts! ^_^ I get the most of my stitching done during those lol.

Unknown said...

I love the PT border too! Which is why I have the TW freebie saved on my computer in the 'to do' folder.

And yay for another Disney kit! ^_^ It's looking good so far. :)

And yes, we missed you at the hangout but that's okay. Math exam trumps hangout any day.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I love both PT and the Disney kits, and I hope I'll be able to join you with both of them soon...

Jenilee said...

Hooray! I haven't seen anyone working yet on Lady and the Tramp. I am a huge sucker for these Disney kits - I finished Beauty and the Beast just a little while ago and have Snow White lined up to work on soon. I look forward to your updates!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, it's always nice to meet fellow Disney stitchers! I just finished the small version of the Little Mermaid a while ago, and I learned that with these things one can use every motivation avaiable, haha :D If you check my more recent update, you'll see that I have made quite some progress already :)