Hello my lovelies! Live has been good lately - good, but really busy - and I hardly get to read all of your lovely blogs, yet alone blog myself! Nevertheless, here I am, just a tiny few days late for this month's WIPocalpyse checkin. Things have been happening, and I'm going to talk about those things in a moment, but first I'm going to answer the current WIPocalpyse question of the month: What projects are in your UFO pile? Well, over the last few years, a few projects have accumulated that I haven't touched in a while. Still, I wouldn't consider any of them UFOs, since I really want to finish all of them and love working on them, and honestly, it hasn't been THAT long! I do, however, have three table clothes I have had forever, and I don't really enjoy working on them, so I'm counting them as UFOs. (I was sure I had a picture of them, but I can't find it, and they are buried way to deep in my WIP box to dig them out right now!). I still hope to get them finished some day.
Now for my newer progress - first of all, and most important, I finished my mermaid tail blanket! I think I used about 35 skeins of yarn in the end (I had to reorder some because I only bought 30 initially) and it's heavy and big and snuggly. I'm really proud of myself and tempted to make another one to keep someday. I still didn't have a chance to give it to our friend - she was supposed to visit last weekend, but then she got sick and had to cancel (we still had a lovely weekend with Felix' parents, brother and best friend who did visit - featuring laser tag, an outdoor escape room-esque mystery walk, and an awesome movie soundtrack concert), but maybe I'll get to see her next weekend.
Then I worked some more on Cut Thru Cottage. I finished the light blue on the current page and started filling in the other colours. It will still be a while, but I enjoy working on this bit by bit.
I had been itching to do this for a while, so after finishing the blanket I allowed myself to pull out last year's Halloween SAL (which still wasn't even a third done). I stitched the border of the right most block and started on filling in the motif. I think I will allow myself some more time with this before moving on to my regular stitching for the month (mostly, the next page of fire and ember).
Over the past month, I had fallen behind quite a bit on my Puppeteer project. To make up for the lost time, I've been doing two lengths of thread most days for the past two weeks or so. I'm still behind by quite a bit, but I'm getting there! So far, I have finished page two and added another ~700 stitches to page 3.
Also, I finally found some time to work on my Blackwork Water Lily again! We spent a lot of time at my grandparent's lately, but there was always something to do and until today, I never got to just sit and stitch, but now I added three whole petals.
Last but not least, I also made a new start - this is one of two projects I want to take to a work trip/lecture series I'll be going to later this month, and I want to get them both to the point where I can work on them without thinking or counting (the other one is a bit stubbor, but will make an appearance soon just as well!). This one is going to be a giant granny square blanket. I want to use the whole ball of yarn you can see in the picture, so I can get the full colour gradient, and since I have no idea how far that will get me, I'm leaving this one up to fate - depending on size, it will either be a baby blanket for a friend of ours, or a full size blanket to keep.