Sunday 15 January 2017

January Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello my lovelies! It's been a while since I updated, but I've had a busy time with friends visiting, Felix' brother crashing his car (don't worry, he's okay - just the car isn't) and starting work with a four day trip to Aachen. I had planned on lots of catching up in reading, blogging and other to-dos this weekend, but somehow, that didn't happen - instead, I went to test out the gym with friends yesterday, Felix and I visited another pair of friends for food and a movie (Serial (Bad) Weddings - don't watch it if your easyly offended by stereotypes, but it's SO funny otherwise!) and spent the day stitching and talking with two coworkers today, while Felix and one of the coworker's husband made us food. So, no to-does were crossed off, and I feel SO good about it! Still, I want to get a bit of what I did out there, so here's the first Gifted Gorgeousness checkin of the year.

I've been working on my new year start (which Jo correctly guesses is a pattern by Joan Eliott - and soon you'll see which one, too!) and I had a hard time putting it down. I finally put it down here, because I needed to focus on other stuff, but I can't wait to work on it a bit more!



That 'other stuff' was, for the moment, mostly the Hobbit Meal Plan. After finishing the 'tea' of 'Afternoon tea' I also did 'Dinner' with what is my favourite colour so far - I've taken this picture with my phone, so it's maybe not as clean as usual, but I found my phone is much better at picking up colours than my big girl camera!






And lastly, when I wen't on that work trip, I was *so* close to start another new trip-friendly project, but then remembered I still had those Game of Throne bookmarks on the go, which I hadn't touched in over a year, so I decided to revive them. I've worked on Arryn, finishing the moon and filling up the blue above and below it, but I've also noticed I never really finished Tully (still needs four rows of blue and a tiny patch of red where I ran out of thread) so I'll probably get both of these done on the next trip I take.






I've also played around with some crochet and knitting projects, but I don't really have to show anything yet. I probably should get my list of what needs to be done when updated, and I will, but for the moment I kind of enjoy that limbo of having everything finished I wanted to finish last year, and not being too concious of the next looming deadlines, so that's it for today!

12 comments:

Bea said...

That flower in your new start has gorgeous colours. And nice work on your other projects. Enjoy your no pressure state - you know it won't last long.

Tiffstitch said...

Very nice not to have any looming deadlines and excellent stitching on both! Also, congrats on your win for GG!

Brigitte said...

Oh, wie gut ich das kenne, wenn man ein Projekt einfach nicht beiseite legen kann. So wie du das Joan Elliott Projekt. Ich sticke gerade an einer Hortensie und konnte nicht aufhören, bis die Blume gestickt war, mit ganz ähnlichen Farben wie deine (falls es eine Blume ist, lach).

Elfie said...

Lovely projects. The colours you are working with are lovely.

Pamela said...

You've been busy. The Hobbit Meal Plan is adorable!

Bekah said...

The pinks in the flower are beautiful, it will be exciting to see what the final design looks like. Nice to see the Hobbit meal plan growing.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Leonore.

Linda

Renee said...

Beautiful progress! I am glad Felix's brother is okay.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this year. Damn, I'm good at identifying designers!
Love the Hobbit Meal Plan too, especially that latest colour.
I quite like this time of year too, where you have the whole year to meet goals so you can relax and stitch! I'm really into OAAT right now.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress :)

Stitching Noni said...

Nice GG post! Love the colour of dinner in the Hobbit Meal Plan :o)

Justine said...

I love the Joan Elliott flower - how Jo guessed the designer I can't imagine! Well done on picking up an old WIP.