Tuesday 21 June 2016

June IHSW/WIPocalypse

Double SAL checkin time! We have IHSW just behind us, which I actually spent a nice amount of time stitching on, and it's also time for this month's WIPocalypse-checkin. It's still going to be a rather short post, since I'm trying to focus on stuff, and focusing means more progress, but less pictures - oh well.
The June question for WIPocalyse was Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter?. I'm pretty sure the same question has already been asked last year, but without looking at my answer from back then I can now say that it's definitly winter these past few years. I'm not actually a summer-loving person, so I really like to lay around lazyly when it's hot - great conditions for stitching, right? Well, I'd still love to do that, but for the last two years or so I've been finding myself way to busy during the summertime, so winter is the better time for stitching now.

Now for progress, I stitched exclusivly on the Grandchildren project, and finished the lower right corner - a lovely little birdy with his nest - so I'm more than halfway done with the cross stitch now. I also started charting the customized parts, so I can hopefully get right to stitching those once I reach the area.


I also had a bit of knitting time last week during lectures, so I got a fair bit of the watermelon socks done. I'm just about the start working the heel now, so almost halfway done on the second sock. My goal is to have those done by July 29th, Sysstem Admin Appreciation Day, as the guy I'm making these for happens to be out sys admin at work - I think that goal is quite achievable :)


5 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great work on Grandchildren! It's so odd to see you stitching this up since it brings back memories. Fun socks too and I'm sure you'll make it.

Susan said...

GREAT progress on Grandchildren. Love the yarn on the socks - sock knitting is on my list of things to learn in the near future. I have already stockpiled lots of yarn for my someday socks.

Heather said...

Great progress on both!

Brigitte said...

Auch ich sticke im Winter viel mehr als im Sommer. Sommer ist für mich eher Lesezeit draußen im Garten - wenn es nicht zu heiß ist. Und wenn's zu heiß ist, dann mach ich auch am liebsten nichts, lol.
Toll, wie weit du mit deinem Projekt gekommen bist. Es bringt auf jeden Fall etwas, wenn man sich auf ein einziges Projekt konzentriert.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your sampler and the socks too. I love the idea of Appreciation Days for random co-workers, we should all appreciate each other more. I used to have a good natured argument with the Maintenance guys in my old office about who was more important in the business!