Tuesday 17 May 2016

May Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello my lovelies, I hang my head in shame as I have missed an other week of regular updates - and since I can't seem to actually settle for one project at the moment, that means I have quite some stuff to show. I hope you will enjoy this picture heavy update - all but two of my projects qualify for GG anyways (as well as a new small start that I can't show yet because of reasons)!

So, let's start with the weekend we spent away at Felix' parents. As I had said, I took lady with my to stitch on, and on a wonderfull sunny Saturday evening on the balcony I made quite some progress. I moved the hoop again and now I can fit almost all of the remaining area (of this page, not the whole design, of course), so I'm starting to fill in the wide-spread colours (like the greens) while taking turns working on the smaller areas as well.

I also started a new knitting project on the car ride there - this one is for me, and I bought it myself, too, so no GG-relevance here, sorry. It's a lace scarf knit with a very thin and soft lace merino yarn, and I only made a very small start so far - twenty rows from a total length of about 2 meters (more than 6 ft, if my math is correct), so I have a long way to go still, but the pattern is easy and the yarn is fun to work with, so if I can find some time, progress should get along fairly quickly.


I know I had planned to focus my stitching time on Cut Thru' Cottage now, but after last weekend I knew I had to stitch up another gift first - Felix' grandma is turning 75 this year in AUgust, and I wanted to make one of these designs that have the names of all the grandchildren for her (she has eight, and loves her family over everything else, so it's perfect for her). So I had to leave CTC for now, and dive right into this new project. I worked on the 'boring' part last week, and will leave it at that just to make you curious, I will show more the next time around (hopefully, there will be more to show by then).



 I also worked on the next part of my blanket-CAL, the rows 21-30. There was a new stitch called star stitch in there, and I had a few problems making it look neat at first, but after a while I figured it out and I think it looks quite nicely now. I might use it again in other projects, it looks like it might make a great border or something.

And between all this (and the aforementioned yet-to-remain-secret project) I somehow also managed to work on Dark Forces (finished the next column - still tons of colour changes, but when I took a step back I was very excited to see one of those small little background-demons, so all the trouble is actually worth it!) and the melon socks (I finished the heel and started the foot of the first sock, so hopefully, there will be half-a-finish soon-ish!).






So that's it with the catch-up game! Seeing it all together in one place like this, I'm feeling much better about my accomplishments already. Still, I hope to get my next update out on time!


6 comments:

katjakay said...

You have been so busy and Dark Force is wonderful as is everything else.

Linda said...

Awesome progress on everything Leonore. I would love to see a picture of your cut thru cottage.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Lots of progress on everything and love the colour in your new knitting start!

Brigitte said...

Oh ja, das sieht nach viel aus - so viele tolle Projekte. Wie könnte es dir da langweilig werden. Auf dieses Geschenk mit den Enkel-Namen bin ich schon sehr gespannt.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

oops, managed to miss this update! Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Great work on Lady and the Tramp. I am intrigued by the sampler for your Grandma-in-law. MIL has nine grandchildren but they are producing now so I would have to leave space for the great-grands (five and counting...)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

WOW still so much going on! You motivate me to get the rest of my projects going