Monday 20 July 2015

July TUSAL & ToT

Just when I thought I was back in a regular blogging-flow again, two pretty busy weekends (one with Felix' parents, sister and my dad - graduation day went smoothly, but didn't really feel that big since we've already been working for half a year now - the other with Felix' friend Frank). On the bright side - it's the first update I'm writing from my shiny new laptop! It's soooo fast compared to the old, semi-broken one, I'm totally loving it ^_^

So while I have another post almost ready to go (just need to finish a teeny-tiny bit first), let me start my latest catching-up-run with two more than overdue SALs. The first one is easy as usual - witness my mighty TUSAL jar (lol):



For Ton of Tiny, I finished te July installment of Magical's ornaments of the month. I really like this one, it reminds me of poinsettas and trees of life ^_^


I also worked more on Dark Force and finished page 4 (and a bit more, which I'm saving for my almost-ready post). Page 5 is only two columns, so I haven't taken it out of the snap for a full picture yet, but I will soon ^_^


I also had a bit of prgress gaming and reading: gamingwise, I finished Sound Shapes, a music-centered game where one of the main tasks (besides some jump 'n run action) is rebuilding melodies and rhythmns by listening, and I picked up a really old GameBoy Colour Game, a Jump 'n Run to the Papyrus-cartoon that I never finished when I was younger, and played right through it so I can finally put it away.
Readinwise, I finished The Martian - I recently saw a trailer for the movie version and that reminded me of how strongly Carla had recommended the book, so I picked it up on my kindle and read the whole thing in less than two weeks, which is really fast given my current schedule and reading speed. I loved it, it was hilarious, while still being technically acurate. I might even read the whole thing again sometime, or listen to the audio book of which I have heard great things as well ^_^


14 comments:

Becca said...

I love how Dark Forces is looking!

I have given The Martian to every geeky person I know, I really ought to read it myself.

Heather said...

Dark forces us looking great!

Kate said...

Great progress! Glad you like your new laptop.Your orts are very nice, and congrats on the pretty finish.

Susan said...

Ooooo a new laptop! Enjoy it. Great progress on Dark Forces. Love the ornament, you did really well with all the backstitching - mine always looks "eh".

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful progress and congrats on the new laptop and finishing the game!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You have been much busier than I have! I'm so glad you are getting stitching done in between all of your events and family!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cute monthly tiny and great progress on DF.
It's nice to be busy even if it does play havoc with your stitching time!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks :) You really should, it's awesome!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! I love my new laptop indeed, it's so much faster than anything I've used before ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

I do, I greatly do :) The old one was five years old and got some serious damage at one point (though we're not totally sure what happened), so the new one is a real treat to use!

I think those ornaments have improved my backstitching a ton - there's so much on them, but it all looks so pretty too!

Leonore Winterer said...

Maybe a bit too busy for my taste, I'd rather all those events were spread out more evenly over the year :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks :) I like being busy once in a while, but I really need a quiet weekend to relax from time to time as well!

Magical Mystery said...

Love the ornament! and what great progress on dark forces! :D