Friday 24 July 2015

July IHSW & Gifted Gorgeousness

So it took me almost another week to get that 'almost good to go' post out that I kept blabbering about, but here it finally is! Let me jump right in with the reason it took me so long: I was finishing up the second BSJ (the baby has been born a few weeks ago, a healthy boy named Alwin), and as I couldn't find wooden buttons I got for this (and I'm pretty sure my holes are to small anyway) I ordered more of the cute owls, and I had to wait a few days for those, but now it's all done - I' going to wash and dry it over the weekend, then give it to the proud dad on Monday ^_^


I made quite a few mistakes (everytime I counted, my stitches were a little off, but I was always able to fix it), but I'm still quite proud of how it turned out in the end ^_^ Now I can finally focus on finishing a few of my other knitting/crochet projects, but this won't be the last BSJ I'm working on this year: Just this week I learned that the daughter of a friend of the family is pregnant, so I'll get to make another one for her.

Now for my SAL-checkins...the jacket kind of fits into GG, although it's no stitching, and I also worked some more on DF and started page 5 - just one more column left in this row! I should be able to finish that this weekend.


Now for a quick catching up on what we watched: More How I Met Your Mother (S6, S13-24 and S7, E1-9) and lots more Case Closed (E5-27). When Felix' friend visited for the weekend, we rewatched Big Hero 6, and we also went to the cinema for Minions, which was really great and sweet and hilarious ^_^


11 comments:

Linda said...

The sweater if lovely Leonore. Nice stitching progress.

Linda

Kate said...

Beautiful jacket and great progress on your stitching :-)

Tiffstitch said...

Great sweater and progress!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

The sweater is beautiful! Now I HAVE to learn how to make those so I can start filling up my Grandma's Hope Chest :D DF is really getting some detail going there. I'm trying not to peek at the picture but I really want to to compare where you are at...but this is way more fun!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks you ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Yes you have! It's really easy too! I just did take this peek on DF to see what's waiting for me in the next row - looks like FUN!

Becca said...

Hey, great work on Dark Forces!

katjakay said...

The jacket is gorgeous, proud papa will be really happy with it.

Magical Mystery said...

The jacket is amazing - wonderful colour choice!