Saturday 27 June 2015

June DESIGN

For once, picking a designer was easy this month - it's one I wanted to talk about all year, but only now did I manage to actually put a few stitches in one of their designs ^.~

What project are you talking about this month? 

My project for this month is Halloween Town by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. It was a mystery SAL last Halloween, but I only just managed to finish the third of four clues since stuff kept getting in the way, as usual.




Have you stitched a project by this designer before?

Nope, this was the first.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not?

Yes! I've been hooked ever since I got this one, and even though I haven't started anything else yet, I bought quite some more of their patterns.


What made you choose this particular design/designer?

I've seen it on some other blog and decided that I wanted it, badly :)

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? - For example specialty stitches, fractionals, much/little 'confetti', beads, special fibers...

Well for one, they are cute. Like, really cute. The patterns are simple, and thus easyly adjustable if you want to make small changes. They work wonderfully on hand dyed fabrics, and they mostly use hand dyed threads as well - but somehow, they manage to create really big, lively scenes and pictures with using only a few colors, which is really great in my opinion :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery! ^_^ Have a few on my 'wish list' that I send to my mom - I'm going to have to pick up a few eventually :)