Saturday 28 February 2015

New Year HAP SAL February

Hi everyone :) February is almost over, and I still have some SALs to sign in for. One of them is the News Year's HAP SAL Stacy ist hosting this year, and for this I'm showing my weekly progress on Fark Force again - I even took it out of the qsnap so ypu can see the whole thing!


Yesterday evening, I managed to finish column 9, which makes for a total of 7200 stitches so far, and I can already make out the head of one of those demon like figures now! Also, with the column done on Friday, that leaves the rest of today and all of tomorrow to work on whatever I want, though I will probably try and get a headstart on next week's column as I'll be away from home for a few days and only take smaller stitching projects with me. I'll also try to get some serious knitting down, as the baby my BSJ is war was born yesterday, a healthy little boy called Leon if I'm informed correctly.

Other things I worked on this week were finishing Smart Gosh - I love how cute this one turned out, and I hope to get his brother stitched up next week - and catching up on the Mystery Band Sampler. I had three bands to do this week, a bigger braid stitch, heart shaped satin stitch and upright cross stitch. It was fun stitching three band back to back, but I'm still aiming to not fall back that far again.


As for watching, there was more Big Bang Theory (S4, E 18-24 and S5, E1-6) and Supernatural (S3, E 5-8) and also two movies: Asterix und Obelix im Auftrag ihrer Majestät (at her majesty's service), the latest 'real' movie of Asterix. We didn't particularily like it, it just didn't have that Asterix 'feel' to it. The second one was Send me no Flowers, a great and hilarious 60s movie statting Doris Day and Rock Hudson. I love their movies, and this was the one I hadn't seen before.

I also got a bit reading in and finally finished Allegiant, the last of the Divergent series. I didn't like it as much as the others, storywise, and I did not like the ending it all...it just wasn't what I had hoped for after all this mess and struggle. Not saying any ymoe for the people who have yet to read it. I'm probably still getting the Four story collection, but first I need to read a book a friend gave me :)



11 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely progress and cute finish Leonore.

Linda

Heather said...

Good progress!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Nicely done! Cannot wait to see the final cute hamster!

Deb said...

Great HAP!
Never got to mine this past month.

Magical Mystery said...

I really love Dark force - it looks amazing!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you. I do adore those little guinea pigs!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks - but I won't show you if you keep calling them hamsters, d'uh! ;)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks :) I have to try and do a little bit each week, or I will feel complete overwhelmed by the size of the thing...

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) I know it's hard to comment on the same design over and over again, but I myself am still amazed by the details coming out each week :D

Magical Mystery said...

It's really enjoyable seeing it grow each time! I'm amazed at how much you have managed to do on this while doing all the other stuff as well :)