Saturday 27 December 2014

IHSW & Merry Christmas!

Sure, I'm a bit late for both, but with cleaning and laundry, last minute preparations, eating and celebrating and driving to Felix' parents and more eating and celebrating, I've been pretty much booked for the holidays, so I only get to write about stuff now. Not ALL the stuff, mind you, we still have plans this evening, but if you look out of our window:


wo won't be going far anytime soon, and I will post bout christmas presents, New Year goals and stuff at a later point. So, where to begin...last weekend was IHSW, and while hermitting happened, stitching didn't so much: Felix was finishing up his thesis, and I did my best to help him. What I did stitch was mostly on Lady, there was a Disney Dream SAL going on at the same time on facebook. I started of here:


Over the weekend, I finished the hose you see in the lower middle and filled in another color on the sky; but I somehow managed to forget and take another picture at the end of the weekend. I'm currently working on her again (still pushing for that pagefinish, although it's very, VERY unlikely to see it before the end of the year), and I'm to lazy to take her out of the frame, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit mor for an update on her.

After that, I returned to CTC for a while: I really wanted to finish the next page before Christmas, because as we are spending the holidays at Felix' parents' and CTC is meant for his sister, I couldn't take it with me to work on here. I did, however, reach my goal: Cross stitching was finished on the 23rd, backstitching one day later. That page had a lot more stitching, it's one of (I think) 4 more or less 'full pages' out of 9, whereas the others are only less then half covered. 


Last but not least, I also managed to finish beading on Angel of Frost in time. Things got a bit close when the frame I had ordered only arrived late on the 23rd, but we managed to get things done. I'm not 100% satisfied how framing her turned out - neither Felix nor I had done anything of the size before, and stretching the linen properly proved much more difficult than we thought it would, so she turned out a bit crooked in the end. We might try to figure things out and fix her up at some time, but at least my grandma still liked her.


 

That's my progress for now; I'm still busy catching up with everything else that has happend, but I'm opptimistic to be able to post some more shortly, so have a good time until then :)







12 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I'm not a framer either and constantly have that "crooked" issue but AoF is so beautiful! CTC is looking so good and the colors are so brilliant I don't know how you keep your hands off that project. Lady is coming along quite nicely and strangely fast. Love the view out of your window! When spring comes I'd love the see the same view again when it's green in the valley :D

Susan said...

WOW! on everything. AoF looks great framed. I am sure your Grandmother loved it. Looking at the before and after on CTC is really fun. The backstitching really makes a difference. I am sure you'll be tired of it soon, but the snow looks beautiful.

Linda said...

I just found your blog. Your stitching is gorgeous. I have added you to my sidebar.

Linda

Sarah said...

Love the view! I agree we need to see it again in the spring LOL. Your stitching is beautiful. And I'm sure your grandma loved it. She is gorgeous.

Mountain Ash said...

Your stitching is lovely. Angel of Frost is just gorgeous and your Oma is one very lucky lady. We too have had snow, although probably not as much as you, and you have a much better view than I do. Wishing you and Felix a very Happy New Year!

katjakay said...

To start, you have an amazing view, we need to see more of it, after all I post my view constantly, trust me people will not object. AoF is so gorgeous, and you can always readjust the frame if it drives you too nuts, but it looks great from here.

Leonore Winterer said...

Glad you like AoF :) I'm really looking forward to work on CTC again, but I also LOVe working on Lady, as I do all my WIPs, though...
I will try to remember and take more pictures come spring! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! The snow is already melting again, which didn't leave me an opportunity to get tired of it. Sadness! :(

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you, I'm always glad to have new readers :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks a lot! Haha okay, I'll make sure to take more pics!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) Our snow is almost gone again, but it was nice while it lasted. Happy new year to you as well!

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, it's actually the view at Felix' parents, our own is much more boring :)
Thanks!