Friday 3 October 2014

Weekly progress, part who-even-counts-these

Last week was somewhat quiet, and still somewhat busy - I got to stay at home, mostly, so no extended trips, but I had to spend quite some time at university for a workshop, and Felix and I did some more preparations concerning our move, so while some stitching has happend, it is (once again) not as much as I would have liked.

I did, however, make the progress I predicted on Angel of Frost: Stitched everything on her head, including the over-one area of the face, which proved to be challenging, but much less difficult than I had feared it would be.  I also stitched some more on her cloak (which I'm still severely in love with) and even though next week will be much more busy again, I hope that I shall be able to finish the cloak-part on this page and move on to the trees - let's hope that those fill in quite as fast as those on the left did!




On a sad note, I realized that I had to decide between finishing Halloween Town in time and even having a shot at finishing Angel of Frost before Christmas, I just couldn't do both - and as the latter is a gift, my choice was easy; and I'm only stitching on Halloween town now when I don't have any possibility to work on AoF. So I only got a little bit done this week and stitched Frankenstein's bride; hopefully, he will join her next week.





I also got a bit of knitting done during my workshop, but it all looks kind of the same, so I'm not going to bore you with more pictures of it for a while. On the other frots, not to much happend as well - we did watch the last episode of season 1 of Supernatural, and while we really want to know what happens next, we decided to finish some other stuff before we start on season 2, so we also saw E10+11 of Breaking Bad (which we still enjoy, only not in larger doses) and S2 E21 of The Nanny.

I also got some reading done, tonight I finished reading Labyrinth of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers. It was great, although it wasn't really a novel per se but more of the interlude to the next one - that is, it ends just when stuff is about to happen, but that's okay, the next one is actually coming in a few days and I just need to stalk the library for it :D

For now, I'm looking forward to a hopefully quiet long weekend (today is our national holiday...not that it would really matter to me, my thesis is not going to write itself), and next week I'll be away for a bit again, but hopefully, that trip will be as much fun as it is work. See you soon, my faitful readers!

9 comments:

katjakay said...

She's looking wonderful, and yeah, the one over one was less intimidating as I thought it would be, and oh so pretty. You have a holiday? I shall add that too my list.

Suz said...

She looks fantastic! I'm continually impressed by the speed of your stitching.

Becca said...

Wow, the angel is really coming along!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I'm feeling way more confident now to start an actual big over-one project some time ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks :) I do have quite a bit of time at the moment, I'm afraid I might get much slower again next year....

Leonore Winterer said...

She sure is, thank you!

Mountain Ash said...

Have just read your last two posts. The Angel is just gorgeous and the Halloween piece is really neat. And I do like your Hitchhiker - it is in my Ravelry queue, but I just don't have the capacity for it at the moment.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! Martina Brehm has lots of great patterns on ravelry, most of them lookin oh-so-precious with hand dyed yarn; maybe you'll find a slot for one of them in your rotation some day ^_^

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I'm sad you had to choose between Halloween and AoF! She really is looking quite lovely <3